How to create a Google Spreadsheet Integration
To create an integration to send your parsed data directly to a Google Sheet each time a new document is imported just follow the steps below.
- Create your parsing rules. Establish all the data points you want to appear within your google spreadsheet and create each parsing rule to extract those data points. (If you haven't yet done this you can reference this article to get started)
- Create a new Google Sheet in your Google Account and populate the first row with column names. This step is important as that first row within your Google Sheet will be brought into the Docparser integration to match with your parsing rules.
- Select “Integrations” from the left navigation inside the Docparser app and scroll down to "Export Parsed Data" and select Google Spreadsheet.
- You will then need to connect your Google Account - Select from "Your Google Account > Add Account" This will redirect you to login via Google to your account where your spreadsheet is located.
- Once you select the account and choose your newly created Google Sheet, you will be provided “Field Mapping”, where you will select the parsing rules/columns from the data you extracted, and map it to the names of the columns within your Google Sheet from Step 2
- Click “Save & Test”, then “Test” again on the next prompt after mapping fields is properly completed.